Monday, August 4, 2008

Featured Market: Wheelhouse Magazine

Wheelhouse Magazine is a site I'd recommend for both reading and submitting. And that is not just because they came this close to accepting one of my favorite submissions that happened to be just a little too long. Hint: I shortened that particular piece and it will appear in the second issue of Sotto Voce, so eat your heart out Wheelhouse.

Of course, I'm being facetious. It needed shortening, plus I received from them the kindest and most encouraging rejection I've received since the print publication that added the comment, "Oh, and thank you for your recent subscription. It really helped." Wheelhouse had two published pieces selected for Best of the Web Awards, 2008. The site has an appealing and polished look––always important on the zine scene. At the same time, as mentioned in my own rejection, they "aim to promote under-promoted writers." That would be me. Though a perusal of contributor bios makes clear that your work, if accepted, would appear in good company.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails