Thursday, July 23, 2009

Back to Healthcare

As I noted in an earlier post, I am breaking my rule regarding political posts when it comes to the issue of healthcare reform. As I said in that post, I really believe we need a single payer plan and an overall reform of our entire healthcare system including delivery. I didn't think the mere addition of a public plan would be enough. However, listening to President Obama last night, I became convinced that if cost saving measures can be built into a public option, then costs will come down showing private insurers what they will need to do to stay in business. If they can't compete, well then, voila, instant single payer.

If you support healthcare reform I urge you to go to this website and add your name. Congress needs to know that the numbers are behind reform, because no matter how much money competing interests donate to their campaigns, they can't win without our votes.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/hcdeclarations?source=20090723_email

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails