Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Blogging for Healthcare: It's Just Too Important

Hello followers & Visitors

I've always said this blog would be devoted to writing and not turn into a political blog. I also bent my rule a couple of times to blog about healthcare reform, an issue I think is just too important to ignore. So, rather than muck up this blog with other things, I've decided to start a new blog, CROSS-EXAMINE where I will be blogging about healthcare reform for the next few weeks or however long it takes.

Even if you think you've already made your decision––especially if you have––you may be surprised at what you read. Before I started writing I spent more than 10 years working in Employee Benefits, first for an insurer and then overseeing employee benefit plans for large employers. I was reviewing claims for just one year when the insurance company I worked for started looking into limiting reimbursements due to overcharging by some healthcare providers. My last position was with a large bank where I was hired to develop a plan that would contain costs while not cutting benefits. That was 20 years ago! The issues are the same, but, unfortunately, a lot of people are out there pretending to know what they are talking about when they don't. The subject is too complex for sound bites and empty but provocative catch words don't get us anywhere.

Like my other posts, my new blog will not be an apology for Obama Care. I think there are a lot of flaws in that plan, but I also think we can't wait around another 60 years and do nothing, and the plans coming out of the House and Senate right now are all we will have to work with.

I'm not abandoning this blog. I just won't be posting as often.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails